Case Study Lead: WMG, University of Warwick
Description: Three vehicle-to-grid chargers were installed at the University of Warwick. These units will be used to charge (and discharge) three Nissan ENV200 vans from the University’s Estates fleet which have been fitted with data loggers.
The V2G units will support a planned programme of applied research that revolves around analysing real-world data garnered from vehicle usage and battery performance to create new models of battery ageing and degradation bespoke to V2G operation.
- Chiel Construction Ltd (groundworks)
- Claddagh Electrical Ltd (chargers installation)
- The Phoenix Works (commissioning and connection to the back office)
- Cenex (data management)
- CrowdCharge (energy management)
- Park & Recharge (back-office provider)
Vehicle-to-grid charger: eNovates
Number of chargers installed: 3